Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flew the Coop!

We just returned from a spontaneous vacation at The Chickie Coop!

The Chicky Coop is the name of the camp my family owns up in Pemaquid Maine. It's just a teeny tiny little place right by the ocean, there's no internet access & barely any cellphone reception... & it might just be the most glorious place here on earth!


Two weeks ago feeling a bit frazzled & needing a break from things, we decided to pack our bags & head up to The Coop for a short weekend get away... But one weekend turned into one week... & one week then turned into a week & a half.


We had a lovely time sunning ourselves on the beach & sea-glass hunting & exploring the towns & meeting all kinds of colorful characters. All of them very friendly I must say. Every house there is just about the cutest thing you ever did see & I swear if you live on any one of the main roads heading to the beach, you can set up shop & sell just about anything you could possibly think of & you'd make a killing!... & do you know what?... they do! We saw little eateries, people selling art & crafts, native blueberries & all kinds of stuff!... Right there in their front yards! I think that is just so exciting! If I lived there, I think I would have to set up a lil' ol' camper & some picnic tables with bright cheery umbrellas & It would be my very own Kitschy lunch wagon... maybe I'd sell hot dogs with fancy qourmet toppings... & of course art too!

Painting by Amy Rice

It is my greatest dream to live in Maine & someday by golly I am going up there & never coming back! But for now we're back home at Kitschy Manor, feeling very well rested & ready to tackle any & all of life's little challenges.

Back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment