Thursday, July 22, 2010

YES UKE CAN!


Wise words from a wise man.

A few weeks back I had the opportunity to attend a ukulele for beginners workshop downtown at Wakefield Music Company. It was taught by ukulele virtuoso Jim Beloff a.ka. Jumpin' Jim. Who with the help of his lovely wife Liz, has produced over 20 ukulele songbooks... One of which I own & am rather fond of & have found it to be quite useful. Jim was so kind as to sign it for me.

I had a lot of fun at the workshop & met a lot of interesting people & I now feel confident that someday (soon I hope) I will be crossing that "learn to play one song on the ukulele" off my bucket list. In truth I can muddle may way through a handful a ditties... but my goal is to play at least one song really really well & when I finally do reach that goal, I will post a video (my world debut) on this here blog.

For now I have another video for you. Apparently The Providence Journal was at the workshop. Somehow I missed that there were people with cameras in the room at the time... I suppose I was just too busy strumming away to notice. My hope is that maybe you will catch the uke bug too. As I share the same belief as the late great George Harrison did... That the world would be a better place if everyone learned to play the ukulele. I know it sure has brought me a whole lot of happiness. Anyway here's the video... Keep your eyes pealed for the nerdy girl in the big glasses! ;D




No comments:

Post a Comment